The Maison d’Ailleurs benefits from the generosity of private donors to enlarge its collections. Following Pierre Versins’ tradition (first director-curator of the museum), a majority of our books and objects come from private collections that were entrusted to our institution to make the greatest number of people benefit from them.
Furthermore, in order to complete its collections and to obtain documents related to its temporary exhibitions, the Maison d’Ailleurs has a carefully targeted acquisition policy.
- The Museum’s 2013 acquisitions
- 1900 comic books and illustrated éditions coming from Star Wars’ universe, included all the original editions until today;
- One portfolio containing twelve limited edition illustrations and signed by famous designers – such as Jack Kirby or Caza;
- A dozen objects, toys and ancient derived products linked to superheroes’ universes;
- A dozen comic books from the Golden Age (1938-1954), including a Marvel Comics and the first issue of Daredevil.
- The Museum’s 2012 acquisitions
- Forty Pulps;
- Four-hundred-and-fifty comic books from the 1980s’-1990s’;
- An original Tibor Csernus painting.